Friday, July 31, 2009

Conversations with a 13-Year Old: "Towels"

Nanda comes into the front room, holding the dirty towel he used to clean the bathroom. He points at the basket of towels that I am folding.

NANDA: Are those clean?

ME (looking at the towel I am currently folding): What do you think?

NANDA: Well, I don't know, I was just asking...

ME: Try this out next time you have a question: actually observe your surroundings and try to answer it yourself, and maybe you don't get so many pissy, sarcastic comebacks.

-----

Maybe I'm an asshole, but seriously, kid?

1 comment:

  1. You are his Mr. Myagi. You should impart these pearls of wisdom with a faux oriental accent. Say it like: "The grasshopper who watches the grass does not jump in the swamp."
    There's gotta be some pretentiousness to it, otherwise they won't realize they're learning anything.

    Did I mention that it's not likely I'll ever have kids?

    ReplyDelete