Tuesday, June 30, 2009

7-11 II: The Oldening

Today we drove by 7-11 to purchase a Slurpee for Jill. I had already been by earlier in the day with her son to buy drinks. So, this was the second time I had seen the Arabic girl who works the counter, who, yes, I have a bit of a crush on. You would too: she's very cute. Anyway, I made a big show of announcing that I was buying a Slurpee for Jill, and that I had bought a drink earlier for her son, making me the clear Sugar Daddy of the group.

Haha, I was just joking around, but I think my totally unnecessary announcement that Jill and I were a couple was some sort of weird guilt reaction to thinking the 7-11 girl was cute, which is so unlike me. I think girls are cute all the time. Big deal: Jill thinks guys are cute, too. It's part of being human.

It was another sign that I am turning into an Old Man. As if it weren't enough that I wake up with mysterious pains in my body after doing NOTHING all night long, it now seems that I will freak out and act weird whenever I'm in the presence of an attractive young woman. Woo!

If I could just hurry up and be 50, I'd be comfortable with all of this shit. Men in their 50's are expected to complain of odd pains and flirt with girls inappropriately in front of their wives/girlfriends.

Man, the 40's are going to be a long haul.

1 comment:

  1. Haha - this reminds me of a lunch that my boss (in his 50s and married to his childhood sweetheart) and a colleague had with a client. Boss recently finished his sommelier courses and the lunch was in the restaurant owned by his teacher (so he knows the wine list). Apparently the waitress was young and hot. He got all flustered and blushed when he spoke to her. And on top of that, he ordered the wrong wine (one they don't even carry). Apparently it was quite the sight and now that our whole group knows about it, we won't let it go. I'm kind of glad I wasn't there, though - just hearing the story creeped me out just a bit.

    ReplyDelete